Raul Cuero

In a professional setting, in the future, I could most definitely use Raul Cuero's methods, and even relating to it now as a freshman in college I can still use them in my everyday life. Cuero says that in order to further oneself, he/she needs to do what others are not expecting of him/her. To change the expectations of others through innovation and the unknown is the best way to use creativity while also not being limited by society itself. One way I could use this approach in my daily life is to try new things, go to new places, discover what I would not normally know unless I went out of my comfort zone to do so. This is the best time to do this because its the start of a new school year and I am surrounded by people who I do not know and do not know me, so 'reinventing' myself, so to speak, would be to my benefit because it would show those who don't think certain things are possible for me to do, that they are possible and achievable. Along with defying expectations, Cuero tells his audience that being a good observer of nature opens up the mind to learning by doing and experiencing it first hand, leading to the most important parts of life: formulating questions and fostering curiosity. I could make it my priority, everyday, to set aside time to go outside and write one question that I have from my observations, in order to stimulate both the creative and scientific sides of myself, and to immerse myself in nature. Lastly, Cuero says that "ideas emerge from interactions with other ideas," suggesting that people, especially now a days, need personal human connections that allow for difference in opinion and collaboration towards goals. To incorporate this into my life, I could reach out to my fellow classmates and create study groups, so we can discuss project ideas, problems we are having, possible solutions, and new concepts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Project

Music

Performance Piece