Grid Art


Description:

Though I didn't measure every single square piece of newspaper used, I aimed to cut them at a size of about 1x1 cm for each square. As for the method used to create the image itself, I started from the top of the sky and moved down the sides of the borders to the grass at the bottom. Then I did the tree in the middle and finally, I filled in the rest of the space with sky, clouds, and two smaller trees. The reason I chose the subject matter of a tree/ a nature scene is to represent the origin of the bits of newspaper used to create the piece as a whole. Artists that inspired this piece include those of ancient Rome because the grid art takes the shape of/ looks like a mosaic of tile pieces, like the ones created during the times of ancient Rome. The mosaics of this time also used pieces around the same size that  I used (0.5-1.5 cm), and they used a minimal amount of tones, which I did as well with only four colors (blue, white, brown, and green). 

Source:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Project

Music

Performance Piece